About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Jurnal Penelitian Karet publishs scientific original research article focusing on natural rubber both in pre and post harvest technologies as well as socio-economic aspects from Pusat Penelitian Karet (Indonesian Rubber Research Institute) and its subsidiary research centers also other institutions such as R & D Institute, Government Agency, University, Association and Industry.
Jurnal Penelitian Karet is multidisciplinary peer-reviewed national accredited journal. The scope of the journal are based on the primary research activities and specialty of Pusat Penelitian Karet such as:
- Breeding & Plant Genetic
- Agronomy, Plant Physiology & Exploitation
- Protection, Pests & Plant DiseasesÂ
- Soil Science & Agroclimatology
- Agribusiness & Agricultural Socio-Economics
- Post Harvest Technology (Mechanization, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, and Material Science).
Jurnal Penelitian Karet is covering all major themes in natural rubber research and development such as :
- Genetic Improvement, Selection, Identification, Testing and Characterization of Natural Rubber Clones
- Technical Aspects of Rubber Farming System include Preparation, Seedling and Land Management, Cultivation and Harvesting or Tapping of Rubber Trees
- Basic Biology and Ecology of Rubber Plant Protection, Management of Rubber Plant Protection and Disease, Interaction between Rubber Plant and Pets
- Chemical, Physical, Biology, and Ecology Properties of Soil, Soil Mechanical, Mapping, and Fertilization Recommendation.
- Correlation between Climate Elements and Rubber Plant Productivity, Land Development for Rubber Plantation, Planning of Rubber Cultivation (Cropping Patterns, Irrigation)
- Rubber Agricultural Economy Analysis, Policy and Institutional of Rubber Plantation, Simulation and Modeling of Rubber Market, Social Relationship on Rubber Farming System.
- Synthesize, Chemical Modification, Physical Blending, Compound Formula Design, Development of New Method in Rubber Treatment either Latex Phase or Solid Rubber, Rubber Chemicals, and Synthetic Rubber.
- Development and Engineering Mechanization of Rubber Processing Equipment
Peer Review Process
The manuscript submitted to Jurnal Penelitian Karet will be blind peer-reviewed by Editorial Board Member and Reviewer which are assigned by Editor in Chief based on the manuscript focus and scope also academic discipline. By blind peer-review process, Editor Member and Reviewers are unaware of Author identity.
The blind peer-review process is aimed to ensure that only good scientific original research article will be published in Jurnal Penelitian Karet. Editor and Reviewer has a right to reject if the manuscript does not fill the journal standard quality and requirement Â as defined. While the accepted manuscript will be published online and can be access on the Jurnal Penelitian Karet official website as follows: http://ejournal.puslitkaret.co.id/index.php/jpk.
Language used in this journal is Bahasa Indonesia based on Ejaan Yang Disempurnakan (EYD).
Manuscript submitted to Jurnal Penelitian Karet will first be checked and verified its format by Assistant Editor including the manuscript compliance to the template and supplementary documents (cover letter and publication ethic form). If the Authors have not followed the instruction prior to the submission, the Assistant Editor will notify the Authors and ask to resubmit.
All submitted paper to Jurnal Penelitian Karet are also checked for plagiarism by using "Plagiarism Checker" with tolerance as 60% by the Assistant Editor.
The Editor in Chief then assign one of the Editorial Member and one of Peer-Reviewer to independently blind review the verified manuscript in accordance with the expertise or focus and scope of the article. The blind peer-review evaluation is primary covering the adequacy of scientific quality, novelty, and state of the art from the manuscript.
The decision for publication or rejection refers to the Editor and Reviewer report and recommendation. The recommendation from Editorial Member and/or Peer-Reviewer are :
- Accepted submission without revision
- Accepted submission with revision required (major or minor revision)
- Rejection or declined submission
The revised version of the manuscript from the Author should be sent back to the Editorial Board without delay by online submission. If the manuscript is regarded unsuitable for publication in Jurnal Penelitian Karet, justification and reason for rejection will be sent to the Author within three months of the submission date.
The accepted manuscript will be copy-edited before being published in Jurnal Penelitian Karet. During copy-edit stage, the Assistant Editor will correct the manuscript by catching grammar and spelling errors, standardizing format, and improving clarity. The Author should approve the final format of copy-edit version, for further lay-outing according to the journal publishing formats as Article In Press.
Article Processing Charges (APCs)
Under the Open-Access policy, Jurnal Penelitian Karet does not levy any processing charges (submitting, peer reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving) for authors to submit their research paper in publishing regular edition
Jurnal Penelitian Karet (Indonesian Journal of Natural Rubber Research, p-ISSN : 0852-808X ; e-ISSN : 2503-0469) publishs 2 issues per volume per year scheduled on June and December, respectively. Every edition consists of 5 to 9 original research articles focusing on all aspects of the natural rubber research and development. Jurnal Penelitian Karet is published by Pusat Penelitian Karet (Indonesian Rubber Research Institute) PT. Riset Perkebunan Nusantara (RPN).
Open Access Policy
Jurnal Penelitian Karet (Indonesian Journal of Natural Rubber Research) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supporting a greater global exchange of knowledge although for commercial purposes.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.Â We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://ejournal.puslitkaret.co.id/index.php/jpk.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA)